Return this form no later than October 1, 2017.
Be sure that all information is clearly legible.
- Line-up will begin at 10:00 a.m. ALL UNITS MUST BE IN PLACE BY 1:00 PM! No exceptions! Follow the parade line-up signs when you come into town. The ONLY vehicles that will be permitted in the line up (streets and field) are vehicles that will be in the parade or transporting a VEHICLE that will be in the parade. Any Adults/Children or Items that need to be on a float/parade unit must be WALKED to the line up area.
- YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO DRIVE A NON PARADE VEHICLE INTO THE LINE UP FIELD, please do not even attempt this, as it is a safety issue.
- Parade steps off at 2:30 p.m. ** All floats are required to have a fire extinguisher on board.
- All horse entries must have a signature.
- All items must be given HAND-TO-HAND at the curb by walking along the parade route next to spectators. It is very dangerous for spectators to run into the street for candy or other hand-outs. No throwing is permitted.
- Drivers and all vehicles participating in the parade must have insurance as required by the State of Ohio. Drivers must also possess a valid driver’s license.
- Owner must follow up with their vehicle’s manufacturer or the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (https://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/) to confirm that the vehicle entered in the parade has not been identified to have mechanical defects. The owner warrants that the vehicle is in sound mechanical condition with no known defects or safety concerns.
- No one may step on or off a float or any motorized unit until it is at a COMPLETE stop.
- All decorative materials should be flame retardant. The use of open flames on any entry is PROHIBITED
- No parade units will be permitted to discharge firecrackers, caps, blanks, incendiary devices or other equipment that might startle or excite animals in the parade.
- Parade Units must at all times keep forward movement and not stop unless it is required to keep a safe distance from Unit ahead.
- At the end of the parade, Other than LARGE Vehicles (Fire Trucks, etc, A volunteer will determine what constitues a large vehicle), All other units must enter and proceed to the FAR END of the parade lineup field. You may unload, and tear down your float ONLY at the far end of the field.
- YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO EXIT UNTIL AFTER THE PARADE HAS FINISHED, so be prepared to wait in the lineup field for at least 45 minutes after the parade.
- The exit route is the reverse path of the parade route. You will only be able to exit NORTH on MAPLE to Either 41 or Mountain Street (for those heading east or west on route 50).
- Anyone that violates any part of above rules and regulations will first be given a verbal or written warning and, upon a second such violation, may be asked not to return to the parade.
- The Fall Festival of Leaves has the right to remove any parade unit from the line-up at their sole discretion for a violation of any applicable rule or law
NOTE: Political Canidates (New and Incumbent) and Political Parties (i.e. Republican, Democratic and Tea) are required to submit a check for $125.00 per entry. This donation is used to pay for the vistiting marching bands!